Thursday, December 08, 2005

NEWS FROM FR PATRICK IN MALAWI

Just a quick e-mail to say you were very much in our prayers today as we started out distribution of Maize seed and fertilizer. I took a few photos to finish off a roll and should have them developed tomorrow or the next day and will see if anything to scan. 100 families received 50kg fertilizer and 5kg maize seed today. On Wed 150 families will receive Maize, ground nuts and beans all full of protein to help during this time. The maize is very scarce but I have my contacts from 2002 period and are will to sell me maize, however the price is double the normal price. We hope to continue with these 150 families until end of March. Each month they will receive the distribution to help them to harvest time. I am sure at some stage I will be asking you to send more funds, but for the moment with your donation and other funds available to me we can manage for this distribution and the next which will be before Christmas, then I will let you know.

Confirmations went off well at Mtsiriza on Saturday. It was the first time they had confirmation at their center and so were very happy. Normally it is combined with the confirmations here at the parish center. On Sunday we will have the confirmations here at St. Kizito. I hope also to have some photos to send you of both once I get them off the ones taking photos.

I really have to congratulate you on the beautiful cards you created and are sending. Really they are perfect and I would have loved a few myself to send, maybe next time.

Well this was to be a quick note, believe me I am exhausted these days. I should say also that rains did arrive last week and it has helped cool the air down a bit. Please keep us in your prayers that we get good rains this year. It is very late and again anxious times since it is a week already since the heavy rain. This time is always an anxious time for everyone.

God bless and continue you good works,

Sincerely,
Fr. Patrick

No comments: